Last Updated: April 2nd 2020
Our lawful basis for processing your data
UTP processes personal data as part of its legitimate business interests.
How we collect your personal data
Information provided by you; we collect your personal data to give you the best possible experience as a user of our products and services. In general, we collect information from you when you open up an account, visit our website (refer to the section below relating to cookies) or contact us with an enquiry. This covers all channels of communication with us, including over the telephone, email, website, social media and in person.
A full review of the data we collect has taken place. All information held on an employee, customer, supplier or any other stakeholder has a legitimate reason for its use and is obtained to fulfil our contractual commitment to you and any other legal obligations.
Where is your personal data stored?
UTP has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal data that you entrust us with. We update and test our physical, logical and procedural security controls on an ongoing basis. These include limiting access to your personal data to those who need it and training our employees about the importance of maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data.
How long do we keep this information?
- To comply with the statutory retention periods for accounting records, as set by the Companies Act and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- To comply with the retention periods set by the TRAS Fraud Prevention Agency.
- Where our retention periods are not governed by legislation, our retention policy is based on commercial justifications, which have been set in accordance with the principle of retaining personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These include:
- To comply with our customer, supplier and partner obligations;
- To enable us to provide you with our products and services;
- To allow us to resolve any disputes or complaints;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud.
Use of the UTP website
How to contact us
If you have any questions about your personal data which are not answered by this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address:
The Data Protection Officer, UTP Merchant Services Ltd, Sapphire Plaza, Watlington Street, Reading, Berks, RG1 4RE
Or by email:
UTP will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use of personal data by referencing the privacy policies stated in this policy.